At Majahuitas we take the term ecotourism seriously. In an effort to make our ecological footprint as unnoticeable as possible, we have taken upon the following practices:
Download our Environmental Sustainability and Social Responsibility Policy.
- Alternative Energy: The main lobby and all eight rooms rely on solar energy for lighting. Cliff House also has a solar water heater.
- Composting: Biological decomposition of organic materials that enrich garden soils and decrease the need for additional watering.
- Towel Re-Use Program: Help reduce the water and energy consumption in washing towels daily.
- Water Conservation: Some casitas have low flow toilets, and the lobby has a waterless urinal.
- Xeric Gardens: The use of plants on the property that are native to the region and thus require the use of less water.
- Eco-friendly food: We do not buy farm raised seafood. All of our seafood is caught by local fishermen ensuring the freshness of our food and support for the local economy.
- Recycling Program: Recycling bins are located at the hotel lobby for every day plastic bottles, soda cans, etc.